Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Second to the Last Word

It is quite obvious; this work is not even halfway done. The theme of vengeance, violence and nonviolence is so ample that I have to break up the book in two or even three installments. I told a good friend about this dilemma and he told me that the only way I can finish this book is by putting a limit to this particular work and just do another one if necessary – if not, I will surely not finish it. So I am finishing it, but it sure is not finish.

Actually, I have started writing the next one, which will be about -- among other things -- reconciliation, possession, meaning, and -- for some reason -- I would like to include the theme of aesthetics.

I just want to reiterate something about our interpretation of free interpretation. If free interpretation is the antithesis of imposition, and if imposition is for us the beginning of violence – then, free interpretation is the first step towards nonviolence.

•••