Monday, August 18, 2008

Second Best

When I started this blog, my idea was to do a study on the subject of vengeance and violence; how and when it became an important issue -- especially in the so-called "Western" culture, and nothing more. But, as I travel along this path, I am finding out that this topic is so encompassing that I am now compelled to go beyond the theme; and to do this, it is necessary that I elaborate on the details of this topic even more so than I originally planned.

I also said in the beginning that the resulting study will be compiled into a sort of monograph that I intend to write soon after. But now, I am not so sure about this. I am finding out that it is not so easy writing for this blog -- much more, writing a monograph.

Be as it may, this new experience of writing has been giving me insights as well as internal commotions that seemed to me not only cathartic, but more so, transferential. All in all, I can truly say that I am finding joy in doing this. So, I am going to write this monograph -- no matter what.

If it is true -- as it has been said -- that the best way to learn is by teaching; I am finding out that the second best way to learn is by writing.
•••